This policy is relevant to:
Special needs learners aged 3 years -18 years.
The purpose of this policy to provide a framework and guidelines for learners wanting to enrol at Optim-Ed Learning Centre.
Administration Of Admissions
- The principal of Optim-Ed Learning Centre will determine the process of registration for learners wanting to enroll at Optim-Ed Learning Centre to ensure that the process is done in a timely and effective manner.
- Learners may enrol at any time throughout the school year.
- The admission policy may not unfairly discriminate in anyway against any applicant for admission.
- The learner and family do not abide by the rules and regulations set out by Optim-Ed Learning Centre.
- Policies of the centre are not adhered to.
- School fees are not paid by the 3rd of each month.
- Refuse to sign admission contract.
- A baseline assessment test will be done on all learner.
- Optim-Ed Learning Centre may request an admissions test to determine placement of learner.
- Optim-Ed Learning Centre may request a 5 day observation period to determine if the child is a candidate for our school.
- An enrolment application does not mean automatic acceptance and enrollment
- All learners who apply and qualify will be admitted to the centre in writing.
- The learner leaves the centre.
- Transfers to another school.
- Asked to leave
- Optim-Ed Learning Centre may report learners of a school going age who fail to report to school to the Department of Education.
A learner is admitted to the total school programme but may be suspended if:
The learners name will be removed from the Centres admission list when:
Documents required for admission of a learner
- Parent/guardian of a learner must complete an application form supplied by Optim-Ed Learning Centre together with the school rules and admission policy. Assistance must be given to parents regarding the completion of the application form.
- A copy of both parents ID’s the learners birth certificate as well as a copy of the learners clinic card(must be up to date).
Admission of non-citizens
- All policy guidelines will apply to non-citizens and a copy of both parents’ passports is required.
Learner with special needs
- No learner with special needs will be denied access to Optim-Ed Learning Centre unless they fail to meet the Centres requirements.
- Optim-Ed Learning Centre encourages learners to be assessed by an external professional to aid with placement.
- Special need learners may be asked to leave if they become a danger to staff, themselves or other learners.
- Zoning will not affect learner admission to the Centre, learners from all areas may apply.
- Admission will apply on a first come first serve basis.
- learners will only be collected from schools within the area as stipulated by the principal.
Registration of admission
- Once a learner is accepted and all relevant documentation completed they will receive a welcome letter stating that they have been admitted.
- New admission will be placed on record.
Rights and obligations of parents
- It is the parents responsibility to ensure that their child is enrolled and that all relevant documentation has been completed.
- It is the parents responsibility to keep all personal information up to date.
- Parents are responsible for school fees and any other monies that may be due.
- Parents have an obligation to support their children to attend school regularly.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to attend school functions and to stay up to date with school policies and procedure.
Right to appeal
- Parents have the right to appeal the decision of Optim-Ed Learning Centre to refuse admission of a learner; this must be done in writing.