This policy is relevant to:
All parties who owe Optim-Ed Learning Centre money
The purpose of this policy is to standardise the procedure for the collection of outstanding accounts
Details for the payment of fees are available from the office. The methods of payment are:
- EFT’s into the schools account by the 3rd of each month.
- Cash payments made to the office by the 3rd of the month.
- Any outstanding fees from the previous year must be settled in full before the learner will be registered at the start of the new year.
- Parents will be invoiced the outstanding amount. The office will contact the person responsible for the account telephonically who do not meet payment deadlines.
- If an account is outstanding the learner will be suspended.
- The learner may only return once 100% of the outstanding amount has be paid.
- Suspended learners are not guaranteed a place at Optim-Ed Learning Centre once account has been settled.
- If a learner is re-accepted Optim-Ed Learning Centre may request a deposit equivalent to 3 months school fees up front.
- Optim-Ed Learning Centre may hand the outstanding account to debt collectors.
- It is the responsibility of the account holder to provide Optim-Ed Learning Centre with proof of payment.
- Legal fees and interest may be charged to the outstanding account.
- No report or feedback session regarding learners will be given to parents who have school fees outstanding. Regardless of any arrangements made with management.