This policy is relevant to:
Special needs learners aged 3 years -18 years.
Staff employed by Optim-Ed Learning Centre.
SCHOOL LANGUAGE POLICY: SINGLE MEDIUM
- All official languages enjoy equal status and respect at Optim-Ed Learning Centre.
- The principle and members of Optim-Ed Learning Centre determines the language policy. This is the language that will be used for teaching and learning at the school the language of instruction.
- The language of instruction at Optim-Ed Learning Centre is English. Optim-Ed Learning Centre is a single medium school with English being the language of instruction.
- Staff may not speak to learners in their vernacular language unless the staff member is aiding the learner with learning and academics.
- All learners must be reprimanded in English.
- Language is not an admission requirement.
- All reports and communication with parents will be conducted in English.