This policy is relevant to:
Special needs learners aged 3 years -18 years.
Staff employed by Optim-Ed Learning Centre.
Parents/ guardians of Learners at Optim-Ed Learning Centre.
OPTIM-ED LEARNING CENTRE’S RELIGIOUS POLICY WILL BE A SINGLE FAITH, NAMELY CHRISTIAN.
- Optim-Ed Learning Centre respects all religions and believes everyone has the right to freedom of choice, religion, thought, belief and opinion.
- Management and members of Optim-Ed Learning Centre determine the religious policy of the school.
- Bible readings, Christian singing and prayer at ceremonies and functions as well as within the class have been approved by management.
- Christian values and principles are the cornerstone to Optim-Ed Learning Centre’s approach to teaching.
- Religion is not an admission requirement.
- Parents and children have the right not to partake in any Christian activities, such as concerts, singing, or other events.
- Religion is not enforced on any child
- Optim-Ed Learning Centre will abide by the curriculum as set out by the Department of Education pertaining to teaching all religions and special occasions of all religions.