Our Phase 2 school is located at 113 Mc Bride Street Brackenhurst Alberton. We currently have 5 classes at our Phase 2 school. Phase 2 learners have subject rotation according to a daily timetable. We do not work according to grades but group the learners according to ability. Optim-Ed Learning Centre does not issue any formal qualification or matric certificate.
- Smaller classes enable learners to receive more intensive support.
- Learners have individual adaptations made to the core curriculum to meet their specific learning needs which allows them to work on different levels in different subjects.
- Learners work at their own pace through learning material and receive individual support so as to challenge but not frustrate them, thereby making learning goals more achievable.
- Learning is multisensory in nature to optimize conceptual development.
- Learning tasks are assessed on a continuous basis.
- Weekly themes are taught.
- Monthly fun activities such as swimming, baking and dress up days are held.
- Educational outings that correspond to the theme are undertaken.